IET India website uses third parties to deliver services to members and others. These third-party servers may set cookies in accordance with their own cookie and privacy policies, which you should consult separately. They include:
- The IET uses email services from Adestra to inform its members and contacts of relevant activities, events, services and products. The levels of response to these emails are tracked, in order to improve the effectiveness of IET communications. Since emails are sent from addresses in the domain email.ietinfo.org, and should you click on links in such emails, you may find cookies from that domain.
- IET.tv, which uses Stream UK to deliver webcasts. These appear mostly in the IET.tv site, but also embedded in some web pages elsewhere. You may block cookies from scpro.streamuk.com if you wish.
- The electronic information services provided to members by the IET Library.
- Some pages, especially in E&T Magazine, include content from Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and other services. These have their own cookie and privacy policies.
- If the IET is currently conducting a survey or requesting feedback (for example in user trials), cookies may be used to record the fact that you have seen the invitation to respond. The aim is to avoid showing you the invitation repeatedly. If you reject these cookies, you may see the message a number of times.
Using your browser to block cookies, and further information
The site AllAboutCookies provides independent information on cookies, and how to block them in specific browsers.