The IET is focused on actionable knowledge and expertise. Our goal is to be a serious facilitator in solving problems and issues relevant to India through the application of essential engineering intelligence.
IET India drives activities that lead to the IET's vision of enhancing people's lives by sharing and advancing knowledge through the global science, engineering and technology community.
Three inter-linked & interdependent channels help us get there:
- We offer internationally recognised professional registrations
- We act as a facilitator of collaboration between prominent industry leaders
- We provide a platform where professionals can meet with the academia
- We bring named events to India on relevant topics and with globally recognised speakers
- We focus on key issues and collaborate with industry leaders to address them by setting up professional communities and advisory panels
- We establish relevant academic and corporate partnerships to give access to Best Practices and Subject Matter Expertise
- We set up Local Networks for our members to interact through communities and volunteers
- Demonstrate relevance to India and its growth in the 21st century
- Engage more effectively with members and the professional community
- Increase engagement with academia and industry
- Educate and excite employers and government bodies about the value of professional registration
- Create and share greater opportunities for sharing knowledge
- Increase collaborative partnerships with other institutions